Join Paul J. Smith for an in-depth discussion in this video Building the external shell, part of SketchUp for Architecture.
- [Instructor] Right Ch_04_04…we're going to build the external shells.…I have created three extra layers.…So click on the plus sign and call them what you will,…but I've called mine West_Wing, East_Wing and Link.…If you have access to the exercise files…then you've got this file already.…We've got the base still visible.…So I'm going to untick that so we hide that.…That will make life a little bit easier.…And then to create the west wing…we'll create some sweeping rectangles…and quickly create the walls.…
So with the rectangle tool selected,…we'll come down to this back edge.…And I'll come down to this point here.…So that's the outer section of that done…then internally, I will pick this point…and I will come up to this point here.…So that's done that bit, select that, delete.…So we don't need anything else.…We've got a bit missing here so I'll come down and add that.…Tap the E key on the keyboard that will bring up the eraser.…
So that can be deleted…and we've got to sort this bit out as well.…So just don't rub this out 'cause you'll lose everything.…
AuthorPaul J. Smith
- Adjusting SketchUp settings
- Creating components
- Installing SketchUp plugins
- Creating sweeps and revolves
- Importing CAD drawings
- Modeling a house
- Adding walls, doors, and windows
- Adding the roof
- Creating textures
- Applying materials to objects
- Modeling interior details
- Creating and saving styles
- Creating plans and sections
- Geolocating the model
Skill Level Intermediate
SketchUp Pro: Dynamic Componentswith Scott Onstott3h 13m Intermediate
SketchUp: Modeling Interiors from Photoswith Scott Onstott1h 46m Intermediate
2. Setting Up SketchUp
Moving around the model4m 31s
3. Working with SketchUp, Not Against It
4. Modeling the House
5. Working with Materials
6. Landscaping and External Features
7. Interior Furnishings
8. Styling the Model
10. Geolocating the Model
Next steps2m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.