Model a column atop a pier, and convert it into a component that is copied in the scene.
- [Instructor] Let's turn out attention…to modeling these columns that are resting on piers…that hold up the beams that we've already modeled.…So let's go ahead and zoom in here into this region…and obviously the column would be underneath this beam here.…So what I need to do is draw in a rectangle…representing that, and I'll press P and pull that down.…And I notice a couple of things;…one is that the column appears to be tapered,…that is it appears to be wider at the base than…it is at the top, and I also noticed that perhaps…this column is wider in this direction.…
If we look at it, that's a little better.…So then that looks good at the top,…but now I need the bottom of the column to be wider.…So what I will do is double click on the lower surface there…to select the surface and the edges, press S for scale,…and then position the cursor over…one of the corner grips and hold down…the Option key to uniformly scale about the center.…In Windows, you would hold down the Control key.…
So I'm going to scale that out and make it wider.…
- Roughing in building volumes
- Using multiple photos for mapping
- Matching the perspective in the photos
- Roughing in a roof slope
- Modeling and extruding roofs
- Intersecting objects
- Constructing complex roofs
- Hiding edges
- Working with materials and textures
- Using fixed and movable pins
- Accessing the SketchUp material library
- Completing texture mapping
Skill Level Intermediate
SketchUp 2017 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri3h 48m Intermediate
SketchUp 2018 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri3h 58m Beginner
SketchUp: Rendering Using Twilightwith Scott Onstott2h 29m Intermediate
1. Roughing In Building Volumes
2. Roughing In Roof Slopes
3. Constructing Complex Roof Slopes
4. Using Multiple Photos to Model
5. Working with Textures and Materials
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.