Join Paul J. Smith for an in-depth discussion in this video Below DPC mortar, part of SketchUp for Architecture: Details.
- Now, before we can put in our concrete slab,…we need to put in our dampproof membrane.…And, before we put our dampproof membrane in,…we have to embed it into some mortar.…So, it's a good time to put in the…below dampproof course mortar,…so we're in Chapter 02-08, and, to do this,…we will turn off, or we'll hide,…the hardcore and trench on the backfill.…So, under our Outliner, select the Hardcore.…Then, Control + select the Backfill and the Trench,…and then we can right-click and Hide.…
The Outliner is fantastic for doing that.…You can still see them, so it's easy to Unhide,…instead of going up to the View menu,…and then Hidden Geometry,…and then right-clicking, and then hiding that.…This is a much, much better way to work.…So, another great reason to use the Outliner.…The mortar is just a simple case…of drawing a couple of rectangles,…and then extruding them 10 mil.…So if we use the Rectangle tool,…I'll come down from this far corner first.…
I'll just zoom into this point here.…So, that's one.…And then I'll use this corner,…
AuthorPaul J. Smith
This installment concentrates on organizing the details in your scenes with the Outliner and Layers panels. As the course shows, well-built and organized SketchUp components allow architects to have greater flexibility at every stage of the design process.
- Creating the brick and block components
- Building walls
- Laying courses of bricks and blocks
- Trenching and backfilling
- Creating the brick halves
- Adding mortar fill and insulation to the cavity
- Creating windows with casements, sills, and jambs
- Organizing the model
- Adding materials
- Exporting the SketchUp model
- Working in LayOut
Skill Level Intermediate
SketchUp Pro Tips and Techniques (2010)with George Maestri2h 25m Intermediate
SketchUp 2013 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri2h 16m Beginner
1. Building Up to the Floor Slab
2. Completing the Wall
3. Making the Window
4. Organize the Completed Model
6. Export and LayOut
Next steps2m 10s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.