Join George Maestri for an in-depth discussion in this video Basic animation, part of SketchUp 2016 Essential Training.
- SketchUp has some very basic Animation capabilities. Now this is based on Scenes. Now this Project has several Scenes and I showed you how to set-up Scenes previously in the course so what I have is I have Scene One, which is this Perspective View, Scene Two, which is a Front View, Scene Three is Side, and Scene Four is the Top View. Now if I want, I can switch between these just by clicking on these Tabs.
If I go into my Scenes Window, I can do things such as change these or rearrange them if want to, I can use these arrows here to move it up or down so to rearrange the order and if I want, I can Animate between these so if we go into View, Animation, you'll see down here at the bottom we have Play so when I press Play a little Window here comes up for Animation and all it does is it just goes from one Scene to the next so it goes One, Two, Three, Four, and if I want, I can stop this.
Now if I go back into Animation, I also have Settings so if I go into my Animations Settings, here, I can change the Duration of the Transition as well as the Delay between Transitions so if I want more time on the Stills and less time on the Transitions, I can dial this down to one on the Transitions and two seconds on the Delay, and then go ahead and do Animation, Play.
So now, I have a shorter Transition and a longer Hold. Now if you want, you can also go into here for Settings and turn off Transitions and this will allow you to just swap between them and if you press Animation, Play, it becomes more of a Slideshow.
Now, once you have your Animation, you can Export it so if you go File, Export, Animation, you can Export it either as Video... or as an Image Sequence so if I Export it as Video, I can Export it as an mp4 so Animation in SketchUp is pretty basic, but it's great for Presentations and doing things such as Walk-Throughs.
These tutorials work with both SketchUp Make, the free version of the program, and SketchUp Pro.
- Navigating SketchUp
- Creating camera views
- Configuring the toolbars on Mac and Windows
- Selecting, moving, and scaling objects
- Using the line tools for 3D drawing
- Creating rectangles, outlines, circles, and freehand shapes
- Creating 3D text
- Using the measurement and labeling tools
- Organizing drawings with groups and layers
- Creating components and using components from the 3D Warehouse
- Creating and applying materials
- Working with textures
- Rendering and animating drawings
Skill Level Appropriate for all
SketchUp Pro: Tools and Techniqueswith George Maestri3h 1m Intermediate
SketchUp for Architecture: LayOutwith Paul J. Smith6h 17m Intermediate
1. The SketchUp Interface
2. Manipulate Objects
3. Drawing in SketchUp
4. Measure and Label
5. Stay Organized
6. Work with Components
7. Work with Materials
8. Materials on the Mac
9. Work with Textures
10. Rendering and Animation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.