Join Paul J. Smith for an in-depth discussion in this video Applying materials to objects, part of SketchUp for Architecture.
- [Teacher] Chapter 5_04, we are looking…a little bit deeper into how SketchUp…applies materials to various objects.…So this is the exercise file,…open it up if you have access to these files…and in the In Model materials,…there we can see we've got Stacy's hair,…Stacy's pants, Stacy's skin et cetera,…these all belong to this SketchUp person.…Okay, now that triangle means that…they are applied to something in the Model.…So if I got rid of that component…then in theory these should all disappear.…
But because that is a component…then it still lives in this location, okay?…So I then bring that back in…and the materials which are applied…to the component are still sitting there.…Okay? If I got rid of it…and then I got rid of the component,…then they're no longer applied to anything in the Model…so now that triangle disappears.…And if I wanted to, by clicking on the details button…I could then purge unused.…
That's going to purge any In Model materials…that are no longer in use.…Okay, so now I've got nothing to play with…
AuthorPaul J. Smith
- Adjusting SketchUp settings
- Creating components
- Installing SketchUp plugins
- Creating sweeps and revolves
- Importing CAD drawings
- Modeling a house
- Adding walls, doors, and windows
- Adding the roof
- Creating textures
- Applying materials to objects
- Modeling interior details
- Creating and saving styles
- Creating plans and sections
- Geolocating the model
Skill Level Intermediate
SketchUp Pro: Dynamic Componentswith Scott Onstott3h 13m Intermediate
SketchUp: Modeling Interiors from Photoswith Scott Onstott1h 46m Intermediate
2. Setting Up SketchUp
Moving around the model4m 31s
3. Working with SketchUp, Not Against It
4. Modeling the House
5. Working with Materials
6. Landscaping and External Features
7. Interior Furnishings
8. Styling the Model
10. Geolocating the Model
Next steps2m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.