Styles in SketchUp can change the way a drawing looks, from realistic to stylized. This video shows how to use the Styles window in SketchUp to change the look and feel of the image. George shows how to access the standard styles in SketchUp, and how those styles affect the color, line quality, and texture of a scene.
- [Instructor] As we start to finalize our projects…in SketchUp, there will be times…when we will need to present them to others,…and we'll need to present our work in the best way possible,…and we can use Sketchup's styles to actually change the way…our drawings look to make for better presentations.…So let's take a look at styles.…Now on the Mac, you'll find it under Window.…We'll find it in the default tray on the PC…and we'll want to make sure that Styles is checked,…and then when I go to my tray on the PC,…you can see we have Styles here.…
Now Styles is very similar to the Components window…of the materials editor.…We have a Select tab here, we have an Edit tab here,…and we have what's called a Mix tab here.…Now we're just going to work with basic styles at this point,…so I'm going to keep it on the Select tab.…If we hit the home key,…it shows us the styles that are in the model.…Now this is the style that you selected…when you first started Sketchup.…In this case, I used the Simple Style,…and that's where I drew this building.…
- Navigating the interface for Mac and Windows
- Configuring toolbars and tray windows
- Selecting and moving objects
- Drawing lines and shapes
- Creating 3D text
- Measuring and labeling objects
- Using organizational tools
- Working with components
- Creating and applying materials
- Animating and rendering your drawings
Skill Level Beginner
1. The SketchUp Interface
2. Manipulate Objects
3. Draw in SketchUp
4. Measure and Label
5. Stay Organized
6. Work with Components
7. Materials and Textures in Windows
8. Materials and Textures on the Mac
9. Rendering and Animation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.