Materials in SketchUp add color, texture, and opacity to 3D objects. In this video, George shows the basics of applying color and texture to a 3D scene using the Materials window for OSX on the Mac. George demonstrates how to pick and apply materials from the interface, as well as how to navigate the materials libraries provided with SketchUp.
- [Instructor] Now let's take a look at materials…on the Mac.…Now, the Mac is different than Windows…when it come to materials, so if you're a Windows user,…you can feel free to skip over this chapter.…Now let's take a look at how to apply materials…to objects on the Mac.…Now this is done using the Materials window.…So here I have a simple scene with a building.…And let's go ahead and apply some materials.…
So we can start off by going into Window, Materials.…And this brings up my materials editor.…Now this has a number of tabs along the top.…A number of these tabs are just basically color pickers.…But the one on the far right is the materials palate.…So this is where we will spend most of our time.…Now, if we look at this, you can see that we can basically…scroll through a number of different materials here.…So if I look at, say, Colors In Model,…this will show me all of the materials…that are currently in my model.…
And it's basically just a blank white material.…So let's go ahead and fix that by adding some material.…
- Navigating the interface for Mac and Windows
- Configuring toolbars and tray windows
- Selecting and moving objects
- Drawing lines and shapes
- Creating 3D text
- Measuring and labeling objects
- Using organizational tools
- Working with components
- Creating and applying materials
- Animating and rendering your drawings
Skill Level Beginner
1. The SketchUp Interface
2. Manipulate Objects
3. Draw in SketchUp
4. Measure and Label
5. Stay Organized
6. Work with Components
7. Materials and Textures in Windows
8. Materials and Textures on the Mac
9. Rendering and Animation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.