Join George Maestri for an in-depth discussion in this video Apply materials on a Mac, part of SketchUp 2016 Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- Now let's take a look at how to do materials…on OSX.…The Materials window on the Macintosh…is quite different than the one on Windows,…so let's go through this.…We can find the Materials window…under Windows, Materials.…And when you first bring it up…it'll usually show you this color picker.…In fact, the first four tabs here…are basically just standard OSX color pickers.…Now the important one is the last one,…this one that looks kind of like a brick.…
Now this allows us to select standard materials…within SketchUp.…So if I go to the home tab here…this will show me all the Colors in the Model.…And right now I really don't have much…in the model, just the standard default color.…But I can use this menu here…to navigate to any sort of standard colors…that we have available to SketchUp.…So we have basic colors,…Named Colors, we also have things such as Roofing,…Wood, Landscaping, and so on.…
So I'm going to select Landscaping here.…And you'll see that we have…all sorts of different rocks and stone,…but we also have grass.…
These tutorials work with both SketchUp Make, the free version of the program, and SketchUp Pro.
- Navigating SketchUp
- Creating camera views
- Configuring the toolbars on Mac and Windows
- Selecting, moving, and scaling objects
- Using the line tools for 3D drawing
- Creating rectangles, outlines, circles, and freehand shapes
- Creating 3D text
- Using the measurement and labeling tools
- Organizing drawings with groups and layers
- Creating components and using components from the 3D Warehouse
- Creating and applying materials
- Working with textures
- Rendering and animating drawings
Skill Level Appropriate for all
SketchUp Pro: Tools and Techniqueswith George Maestri3h 1m Intermediate
SketchUp for Architecture: Fundamentalswith Paul J. Smith4h 49m Intermediate
SketchUp for Architecture: LayOutwith Paul J. Smith6h 17m Intermediate
1. The SketchUp Interface
2. Manipulate Objects
3. Drawing in SketchUp
4. Measure and Label
5. Stay Organized
6. Work with Components
7. Work with Materials
8. Materials on the Mac
9. Work with Textures
10. Rendering and Animation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.