Join Paul J. Smith for an in-depth discussion in this video Animating a simple shadow study, part of SketchUp for Architecture.
- [Man] Chapter 10_03.…We're going to do a simple animated study for our last lesson.…And this isn't going to give us much in the way of analytics,…but it's certainly going to give us a good understanding…of the transit of the sun at any specific time…of the year or time of day, and then…it'll certainly impress the client…cuz they see moving things…and people like that sort of stuff.…Okay, so let's crack on with this.…What we need to do is create a couple of extra scenes…and then we just position this building…in a static sort of location.…
And we then set two times.…A sunrise and a sunset time and we transit between…one and the other with the animation enabled.…So with the scenes, we'll click plus twice…to create scene 12 and scene 13.…Scene 12 is going to be our sunrise.…And then enter and scene 13 obviously…is going to be our sunset.…And enter.…So I'll double click on sunrise to set the sunrise.…And we can dispense with that.…
Then we can come and open our shadows.…And I think I'll come down somewhere down in April.…
AuthorPaul J. Smith
- Adjusting SketchUp settings
- Creating components
- Installing SketchUp plugins
- Creating sweeps and revolves
- Importing CAD drawings
- Modeling a house
- Adding walls, doors, and windows
- Adding the roof
- Creating textures
- Applying materials to objects
- Modeling interior details
- Creating and saving styles
- Creating plans and sections
- Geolocating the model
Skill Level Intermediate
SketchUp Pro: Dynamic Componentswith Scott Onstott3h 13m Intermediate
SketchUp: Modeling Interiors from Photoswith Scott Onstott1h 46m Intermediate
2. Setting Up SketchUp
Moving around the model4m 31s
3. Working with SketchUp, Not Against It
4. Modeling the House
5. Working with Materials
6. Landscaping and External Features
7. Interior Furnishings
8. Styling the Model
10. Geolocating the Model
Next steps2m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.