Join Paul J. Smith for an in-depth discussion in this video Animating sections, part of SketchUp for Architecture: LayOut.
- Now when I first started using SketchUp…I did struggle a little bit with the section planes.…And, trying to work out why I could see them…in some scenes and not others.…It just boils down to whether they're active…in that scene or not.…Now, animating section cuts between scenes…is no different.…It's just that you enable…this thing, Scene Transitions.…Now, I've turned it off for the moment,…just to make everything a little bit easier…for us to understand.…But, you enable that with an active section plane…in different scenes.…
Now, what I thought that you would need…to do initially was to apply as section plane.…And, when we apply a section plane…it turns on the plan on the cut by default.…I'm just gonna going back to showing section planes.…And, I'll right click…my active one.…So, this is my active section plane.…I can tell that because these things are filled in.…Then, I'll go to Scene 2.…And, I'll move this…from there to there.…
So, I'm hoping that is gonna move from one to the other.…And, I'l make this one the active cut.…
AuthorPaul J. Smith
- Creating a template watermark
- Mixing and saving styles
- Adding and updating scenes
- Aligning and animating scenes
- Adding and animating sections
- Creating views
- Customizing layout preferences and document setup
- Working with references in LayOut
- Building a template
- Working with site plans
- Coordinating plans and elevations
- Adding text, dimensions, and title blocks
- Building a scrapbook
Skill Level Intermediate
2. All About Styles
3. All About Scenes
4. All About Sections
5. Creating the Views for Layout
6. Into LayOut
7. Creating the Template
8. Site Plans
9. Floor Plans and Elevations
10. Coordinating Plans and Elevations
12. The Amazing Scrapbook
Next steps4m 35s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.