Join George Maestri for an in-depth discussion in this video Advanced selection tools, part of SketchUp 2016 Essential Training.
- When we move into modeling, there will be many times…when we'll need to select multiple faces or edges.…You can do this just using the standard selection tool,…so I could just left click and then hold down the Shift key…and just start selecting faces and edges,…but this could be rather time consuming.…An easier way might be to just left click and marquis select…multiple faces and edges, but in this way we don't…really have firm control over…what gets selected and what doesn't.…
Another way to select objects…is to use a right click menu as you select.…So, if I were to select, for example,…this edge here, I could right click on it,…and under Select we have couple of different options.…One is to Select Connected Faces,…so it will select any face that is connected to that edge,…which will be this one and this one.…
If I select this edge, do Select, Connected Faces,…it selects these.…If I have multiple edges selected,…I can do the same thing.…Again, Select, Connected Faces.…We have a couple of other options here.…
These tutorials work with both SketchUp Make, the free version of the program, and SketchUp Pro.
- Navigating SketchUp
- Creating camera views
- Configuring the toolbars on Mac and Windows
- Selecting, moving, and scaling objects
- Using the line tools for 3D drawing
- Creating rectangles, outlines, circles, and freehand shapes
- Creating 3D text
- Using the measurement and labeling tools
- Organizing drawings with groups and layers
- Creating components and using components from the 3D Warehouse
- Creating and applying materials
- Working with textures
- Rendering and animating drawings
Skill Level Appropriate for all
SketchUp Pro: Tools and Techniqueswith George Maestri3h 1m Intermediate
SketchUp for Architecture: Fundamentalswith Paul J. Smith4h 49m Intermediate
SketchUp for Architecture: LayOutwith Paul J. Smith6h 17m Intermediate
1. The SketchUp Interface
2. Manipulate Objects
3. Drawing in SketchUp
4. Measure and Label
5. Stay Organized
6. Work with Components
7. Work with Materials
8. Materials on the Mac
9. Work with Textures
10. Rendering and Animation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.