Join Paul J. Smith for an in-depth discussion in this video Adjusting dimensions, part of SketchUp for Architecture: LayOut (2015).
- So chapter 11-05, we're looking at adjusting dimensions.…I will just show you how to preconfigure a dimension…before we do that.…Choose the dimension tool, and then you've got…Shape Style to play with, and you've got the font…to play with, and you can adjust the formatting as well…on the dimension tray.…If you wanted it slightly thinner, then we can adjust it…to maybe 0.40 for the dimension line.…You can control what the dimension line looks like.…
Keep that as a solid line.…I'll adjust the arrows to this open arrow,…which I quite like, and then up the scale of that…ever so slightly, and drop the size of the font…down to like maybe 9pt, we'll leave it as Verdana.…And then click, click and third click.…That gives me a dimension without any leaders.…If I wanted a leader, and I didn't want a leader…between these two, click, click and then position and click.…So that gives you the leader.…And then double click.…
This will control some of the grips…on the dimension itself.…So this one is through a dimension point,…
AuthorPaul J. Smith
- Creating a template watermark
- Mixing and saving styles
- Adding and updating scenes
- Aligning and animating scenes
- Adding and animating sections
- Creating views
- Customizing layout preferences and document setup
- Working with references in LayOut
- Building a template
- Working with site plans
- Coordinating plans and elevations
- Adding text, dimensions, and title blocks
- Building a scrapbook
Skill Level Intermediate
SketchUp 2013 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri2h 16m Beginner
2. All About Styles
3. All About Scenes
4. All About Sections
5. Creating the Views for Layout
6. Into LayOut
7. Creating the Template
8. Site Plans
9. Floor Plans and Elevations
10. Coordinating Plans and Elevations
12. The Amazing Scrapbook
Next steps4m 35s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.