Adjust the depth of the building to match the visual cues in the photo, and also create a fireplace bump-out with a shed roof.
- [Instructor] We need to adjust the depth of…the building to match the photo.…So I'll double click on the building, press P…and pull this back a short distance…so that this left edge matches up with the trim.…I'll also pull this surface out to match,…and this one as well.…I'll orbit and then pull this surface…out to match as well, so it's all flush.…The next thing we need to consider are the fact that…there are barge boards over here.…
So I'll orbit around and select these two,…holding down the Shift key, and then I…will go ahead and press M for move,…start moving, press the Option key on the Mac…or Control key in Windows to make a copy.…Bring this over here.…Go back to photo four and make some adjustments.…Just move this over.…I'll try moving it one, two, three, four inches.…I can just type in these numbers until…it looks about right.…
Then orbit.…What we now need to do is extend this roof,…so I'll select that surface, press S.…Click on the middle scale grip,…and just pull that over.…I'll orbit over here, do the same thing…
- Roughing in building volumes
- Using multiple photos for mapping
- Matching the perspective in the photos
- Roughing in a roof slope
- Modeling and extruding roofs
- Intersecting objects
- Constructing complex roofs
- Hiding edges
- Working with materials and textures
- Using fixed and movable pins
- Accessing the SketchUp material library
- Completing texture mapping
Skill Level Intermediate
SketchUp 2017 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri3h 48m Intermediate
SketchUp 2018 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri3h 58m Beginner
SketchUp: Rendering Using Twilightwith Scott Onstott2h 29m Intermediate
1. Roughing In Building Volumes
2. Roughing In Roof Slopes
3. Constructing Complex Roof Slopes
4. Using Multiple Photos to Model
5. Working with Textures and Materials
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.