Add detail to the ground floor facade by adding the front door niche, a window, and various trim elements.
- [Instructor] Our next task is to add…some of the trim elements that we see…on the front surface here on the ground floor.…So let's go ahead and select this edge right here,…and then, press M for the Move tool,…and start moving that edge over in the green direction,…and then press the Option key on the Mac…or the Control key in Windows,…to leave a copy of that edge behind,…and then type 5.5 Enter, to specify the width…of that piece of trim.…
And, let's do something similar…on this piece of trim…that would run on the left side of this surface.…So I'll select this edge, press M for Move,…click, press the Option or Control key in Windows,…and then SketchUp is suggesting five and a half inches…because that's what I used last time,…so I merely need to click to accept that value,…and then I'll press P and pull this surface out,…let's say a half an inch,…and then I'll also do that here on this surface,…I'll pull that forward half an inch,…and that represents that piece of trim.…
Let's continue on adding more detail.…For example, we need to add the trim…
- Roughing in building volumes
- Using multiple photos for mapping
- Matching the perspective in the photos
- Roughing in a roof slope
- Modeling and extruding roofs
- Intersecting objects
- Constructing complex roofs
- Hiding edges
- Working with materials and textures
- Using fixed and movable pins
- Accessing the SketchUp material library
- Completing texture mapping
Skill Level Intermediate
SketchUp 2018 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri3h 58m Beginner
SketchUp 2017 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri3h 48m Appropriate for all
SketchUp: Rendering Using Twilightwith Scott Onstott2h 29m Intermediate
1. Roughing In Building Volumes
2. Roughing In Roof Slopes
3. Constructing Complex Roof Slopes
4. Using Multiple Photos to Model
5. Working with Textures and Materials
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.