Join Paul J. Smith for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding the walls, part of SketchUp for Architecture.
- [Instructor] So 06_03 we're going to be adding some walls.…So we've got one at the front.…We've got one here by the access.…And then we've got some around the garage area,…just, we're turning around this bit there…to give it a bit of protection as well;…and also to support this part of the roof.…Okay, so the heights are defined…by this line for the back wall.…This bit of wall is going to be right up…to the underside of the roof.…And then we've got this height here…for the front on the access walls, okay.…
So we'll start off by putting this one in.…So I've got my Landscaping layer selected.…We've got different mix of materials.…This wall here and this one is concrete_3.…And the garage area is concrete_2.…So Rectangle, and I'll come from…that point down to this point and zoom in a bit.…Try not to go through it.…And then with the Move tool I'll just,…while that bit's highlighted, I'll just hit 'scape…and then I can click on that node…and drag that up to that point there.…
Okay so I'll just select this and with the Move tool…
AuthorPaul J. Smith
- Adjusting SketchUp settings
- Creating components
- Installing SketchUp plugins
- Creating sweeps and revolves
- Importing CAD drawings
- Modeling a house
- Adding walls, doors, and windows
- Adding the roof
- Creating textures
- Applying materials to objects
- Modeling interior details
- Creating and saving styles
- Creating plans and sections
- Geolocating the model
Skill Level Intermediate
SketchUp Pro: Dynamic Componentswith Scott Onstott3h 13m Intermediate
SketchUp: Modeling Interiors from Photoswith Scott Onstott1h 46m Intermediate
2. Setting Up SketchUp
Moving around the model4m 31s
3. Working with SketchUp, Not Against It
4. Modeling the House
5. Working with Materials
6. Landscaping and External Features
7. Interior Furnishings
8. Styling the Model
10. Geolocating the Model
Next steps2m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.