Join Paul J. Smith for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding the wall coping, part of SketchUp for Architecture.
- [Instructor] 06_04, we're going to add the wall coping.…Now I'll do this one here…and then you can have a go at that one.…It's very simple process,…but there are quite a few little steps…and we have to think a little bit about this.…So, I'm going to use this wall as my drawing plane.…And what I basically need to do…is draw sort of a little triangular shape…which is elevated off this deck.…It's going to be about 20 mil…and around about 7/8ths of an inch.…So first of all, I'll use the Rectangle tool.…I'll click on this corner.…
I'll track over to this corner and click.…And I'm going to come up on this red axis.…I'm just going to keep an eye on the value at the bottom.…And when it comes to about 20, 22 mils, it will be fine.…It's not an exact science.…If you want to be precise…then you can use the Tape Measure tool.…But again, it's for effect, we want this…and then I'm going to extend it out both sides.…By about 10 mil, that's proximately 3/8ths of an inch.…
10 mil outside then I'm going to draw a line from the mid-point…
AuthorPaul J. Smith
- Adjusting SketchUp settings
- Creating components
- Installing SketchUp plugins
- Creating sweeps and revolves
- Importing CAD drawings
- Modeling a house
- Adding walls, doors, and windows
- Adding the roof
- Creating textures
- Applying materials to objects
- Modeling interior details
- Creating and saving styles
- Creating plans and sections
- Geolocating the model
Skill Level Intermediate
SketchUp Pro: Dynamic Componentswith Scott Onstott3h 13m Intermediate
SketchUp: Modeling Interiors from Photoswith Scott Onstott1h 46m Intermediate
2. Setting Up SketchUp
Moving around the model4m 31s
3. Working with SketchUp, Not Against It
4. Modeling the House
5. Working with Materials
6. Landscaping and External Features
7. Interior Furnishings
8. Styling the Model
10. Geolocating the Model
Next steps2m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.