Join Paul J. Smith for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding the vector image, part of SketchUp for Architecture: Details.
- So Chapter 07-06, we're going to add…the background vector image.…So it's going to look a bit more like this.…Now we've got a sort of a blue line,…and a gray background,…so we'll adjust the background first.…I've also removed this overlay from this bit…so you can see what's going on.…And we'll make sure we tie this area up as well…by extending the view frame to this edge…so it saves us having to put another overlay on.…So we'll save ourselves a little bit of time with that.…So back to Chapter 07-06.…
The first thing we're going to do…is just change the color of this.…So I'll go to my colors across the top.…Now, unfortunately, you're not going to get access…to these colors.…These are loaded in the LayOut file,…and they don't transport across when you save a file.…So, unless you've got by some miraculous coincidence…the same series of colors that I've got here…then you're not going to see these sorts of things.…What you'll probably see is a lot of white squares,…which can save the colors.…So you save a color…from dragging it from one of these boxes…
AuthorPaul J. Smith
This installment concentrates on organizing the details in your scenes with the Outliner and Layers panels. As the course shows, well-built and organized SketchUp components allow architects to have greater flexibility at every stage of the design process.
- Creating the brick and block components
- Building walls
- Laying courses of bricks and blocks
- Trenching and backfilling
- Creating the brick halves
- Adding mortar fill and insulation to the cavity
- Creating windows with casements, sills, and jambs
- Organizing the model
- Adding materials
- Exporting the SketchUp model
- Working in LayOut
Skill Level Intermediate
SketchUp Pro Tips and Techniques (2010)with George Maestri2h 25m Intermediate
SketchUp 2013 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri2h 16m Beginner
1. Building Up to the Floor Slab
2. Completing the Wall
3. Making the Window
4. Organize the Completed Model
6. Export and LayOut
Next steps2m 10s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.