Model the short roof in the bump-out, add large roof surfaces covering the second floor, and extend the house in depth.
- [Instructor] We actually have a short little…roof here that we need to deal with.…And so I'll orbit, and to get that angle,…I will double-click on this bargeboard,…and select the top surface,…copy that to the clipboard,…click outside the group to close it.…Press V to paste in place, and then place S to scale,…and let's scale this back…and snap it to the surface here.…Then press P and pull that up a half an inch,…so I'll type 0.5 + Enter.…
And up here we have kind of an awkward situation.…And what I'd like to do is extend this roof up…a little higher underneath the roof above.…So to do that, if I orbit around here,…I can see this surface,…and I can press P and pull it forward.…I'm going to pull it almost all the way up to the top,…and it intersects with the bargeboard,…so I'm going to draw in a line here,…and just push that back to this surface here.…
Now I'll press the Space Bar to use the select tool,…triple-click on this roof surface…to select all contiguous, and press G to make a group.…So that roof is complete.…
- Roughing in building volumes
- Using multiple photos for mapping
- Matching the perspective in the photos
- Roughing in a roof slope
- Modeling and extruding roofs
- Intersecting objects
- Constructing complex roofs
- Hiding edges
- Working with materials and textures
- Using fixed and movable pins
- Accessing the SketchUp material library
- Completing texture mapping
Skill Level Intermediate
SketchUp 2018 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri3h 58m Beginner
SketchUp 2017 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri3h 48m Intermediate
SketchUp: Rendering Using Twilightwith Scott Onstott2h 29m Intermediate
1. Roughing In Building Volumes
2. Roughing In Roof Slopes
3. Constructing Complex Roof Slopes
4. Using Multiple Photos to Model
5. Working with Textures and Materials
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.