Join Paul J. Smith for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding the text and adjusting the render settings, part of SketchUp for Architecture: Details.
- So we're in chapter 07-09…and we are going to add some text…and just look at the render setting options that we have.…And once again, it's a very simple process.…The hard work was done inside of SketchUp.…So we're looking at arial rounded.…The regular font, and about 11 points.…I know we can click on the text tool.…And right about here somewhere,…first one is going to be dig trench.…So one, full stop, space, dig trench.…Then just click away from it and tap the spacebar.…
So it's a little bit awkward working out…how to deselect the text once you've got it.…I'm going to zoom in just so you can see…that just the edge of it is just grabbing a little bit…so we'll just pull it down just a little bit.…I notice also that we've got sort of a very jaggedy edge.…It doesn't, as I mentioned before print out as badly as this…but you might want to decide to adjust…the type of rendering that you get.…It does affect how long it takes to rerender…so just be wary of that.…
But the text goes in.…And once you've got one bit set,…you can sort of adjust it a little bit.…
AuthorPaul J. Smith
This installment concentrates on organizing the details in your scenes with the Outliner and Layers panels. As the course shows, well-built and organized SketchUp components allow architects to have greater flexibility at every stage of the design process.
- Creating the brick and block components
- Building walls
- Laying courses of bricks and blocks
- Trenching and backfilling
- Creating the brick halves
- Adding mortar fill and insulation to the cavity
- Creating windows with casements, sills, and jambs
- Organizing the model
- Adding materials
- Exporting the SketchUp model
- Working in LayOut
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Building Up to the Floor Slab
2. Completing the Wall
3. Making the Window
4. Organize the Completed Model
6. Export and LayOut
Next steps2m 10s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.