Join Paul J. Smith for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding the special sill brick, part of SketchUp for Architecture: Details.
- So our window is in,…we now have to just amend the existing sill brick…for this special sill brick.…We've got the same height, so it's 65mm high,…it's 120mm wide, and I've got this little drip detail.…I've also chamfered back the the mortar.…This is called weather striking,…so you allow the rain water to sort of fall off…the mortar and not build up in the joints.…And we'll just put those in.…
I realize there's a little slight amendment to this.…The mortar wouldn't come down around there.…It would stop at this face, so we'll address that as well.…But we've got 65mm across the width.…This is chamfered 45mm,…and we're looking at 20mm up for this front edge.…So if you go over to chapter 4-6,…then we can finish off our wall.…So the first thing we'll do is…delete our existing bricks.…So double-click on the group,…and we'll select that, shift-select these two,…and delete.…
Then we'll take this,…and we'll remember that we've got this mortar…put in separately so we'll select that as well,…and make a copy with the Move tool,…
AuthorPaul J. Smith
This installment concentrates on organizing the details in your scenes with the Outliner and Layers panels. As the course shows, well-built and organized SketchUp components allow architects to have greater flexibility at every stage of the design process.
- Creating the brick and block components
- Building walls
- Laying courses of bricks and blocks
- Trenching and backfilling
- Creating the brick halves
- Adding mortar fill and insulation to the cavity
- Creating windows with casements, sills, and jambs
- Organizing the model
- Adding materials
- Exporting the SketchUp model
- Working in LayOut
Skill Level Intermediate
SketchUp 2013 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri2h 16m Beginner
SketchUp for Architecture (2014)with Paul J. Smith4h 48m Intermediate
1. Building Up to the Floor Slab
2. Completing the Wall
3. Making the Window
4. Organize the Completed Model
6. Export and LayOut
Next steps2m 10s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.