Join Paul J. Smith for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding the sequential construction views, part of SketchUp for Architecture: Details.
- So we've come to the second page…and this is where we're laying out our views.…So we're in chapter 708…adding the sequential construction views…and I'm looking at a previous version.…This is the sheets preview.…So we've got 16 views in total.…This is not every scene.…So I've got the first four.…Then I'll jump to scene six,…then eight, nine, and 10,…11, 12, 13, 14,…and then we jump over to 16, 17, 18, 19.…
So we miss out a couple,…but we'll create this view first…and then we can get this all set up in our viewport…and then we can array that across this way…and we can sort of do some arrays down here…just so we get the sort of sense of…the objects on the page and the right sort of scale.…Even though we're not using an exact scale,…we can get the right sort of size for this.…So back to our chapter 708…and we need to get the view in.…So we can either insert it from File and Insert,…but seeing as we've already got it on this page in this form…we can just select it, right-click, and copy.…
And then on the next page, right-click and paste.…
AuthorPaul J. Smith
This installment concentrates on organizing the details in your scenes with the Outliner and Layers panels. As the course shows, well-built and organized SketchUp components allow architects to have greater flexibility at every stage of the design process.
- Creating the brick and block components
- Building walls
- Laying courses of bricks and blocks
- Trenching and backfilling
- Creating the brick halves
- Adding mortar fill and insulation to the cavity
- Creating windows with casements, sills, and jambs
- Organizing the model
- Adding materials
- Exporting the SketchUp model
- Working in LayOut
Skill Level Intermediate
SketchUp Pro Tips and Techniques (2010)with George Maestri2h 25m Intermediate
SketchUp 2013 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri2h 16m Beginner
1. Building Up to the Floor Slab
2. Completing the Wall
3. Making the Window
4. Organize the Completed Model
6. Export and LayOut
Next steps2m 10s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.