Join Paul J. Smith for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding sections, part of SketchUp for Architecture: LayOut (2015).
- We're in chapter four and we're looking…at more things to do with sections in this chapter.…This is 01, Adding Sections.…Couldn't be simpler to add sections…but there are a few things you need to be aware of.…The Section Toolbar is available by right clicking…on the Toolbars and going down to Section.…Alternatively, you've got View Toolbars…and Section.…Now, to create a section plane,…and notice at the moment I've got Section Cut…displayed but not the section planes,…notice what happens to this toggle…when I create a section plane…and I can do it either by clicking…on this icon or I can go to Tools…and Section Plane and that will do the same thing.…
Soon as I click on a surface, and it's aligning…itself to the different surfaces…and if it's on a curve, and these curves…are faceted, so it's going to pick up the faceted surface.…So I'll click on the top view…just to create a plan section…and then I can move this down by selecting the edge.…This is not selected, this is the active color,…based on the model settings in our styles.…
AuthorPaul J. Smith
- Creating a template watermark
- Mixing and saving styles
- Adding and updating scenes
- Aligning and animating scenes
- Adding and animating sections
- Creating views
- Customizing layout preferences and document setup
- Working with references in LayOut
- Building a template
- Working with site plans
- Coordinating plans and elevations
- Adding text, dimensions, and title blocks
- Building a scrapbook
Skill Level Intermediate
SketchUp 2013 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri2h 16m Beginner
2. All About Styles
3. All About Scenes
4. All About Sections
5. Creating the Views for Layout
6. Into LayOut
7. Creating the Template
8. Site Plans
9. Floor Plans and Elevations
10. Coordinating Plans and Elevations
12. The Amazing Scrapbook
Next steps4m 35s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.