Join Brian Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding reflectivity to the floor, part of SketchUp Rendering: Using V-Ray 2.
- As pretty much everything in the world around us…has at least some level of reflectivity,…there is a very high probability,…when wanting to create realistic looking materials, that is,…that we will spend at least some time on each project…inside the reflection controls of our V-Ray materials.…In this video, we're going to continue working…with our floor material and show how we can work…with the reflection controls inside a V-Ray BRDF layer…in order to create some nice, blurred looking reflections.…As you can see, the start scene for this exercise…has been upgraded a little in that we have taken…what we learned in our diffuse video…and applied maps and relevant material colors…to pretty much all of the geometry in the scene,…which can actually help prove the point…regarding the importance of reflectivity.…
If I take a render here,…you can see that whilst our diffuse maps…and colors helps us get a pretty clear idea…regarding the type of surfaces that we are meant…to be looking at, without reflectivity,…and other surface properties of course,…
- Locating V-Ray tools and features
- Using the RT Engine
- Creating daylight with V-Ray Sun and Sky
- Using image-based lighting
- Working with irradiance mapping
- Handling perspective correction in the physical camera
- Setting up a depth of field effect
- Creating and applying V-Ray materials
- Using fixed-rate sampling
- Color mapping
- Working with V-Ray proxies
Skill Level Intermediate
SketchUp 2013 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri2h 16m Beginner
SketchUp Pro: Tools and Techniqueswith George Maestri3h 1m Intermediate
1. Introduction to V-Ray
2. Lighting the Place Up
3. Bouncing Our Light Around
Using brute force5m 6s
4. Working with the Physical Camera
5. It's a Material World
6. The Quality Control Department
What's next?1m 33s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.