Join Paul J. Smith for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding realism to the window, part of SketchUp for Architecture: Details.
- In chapter 6-11…the objective is to add a little more realism…to this window frame.…Now we've got, sort of, nearly there,…but we need to sort of orientate the grain,…so that it looks a bit more believable.…So we'll rotate it a bit on these cut faces,…and then we'll have to divide this section up here,…and this beading up here…so that we can have it running in two directions.…The jam is fine, but the sill, again,…needs to be rotated.…So again, we have to dig into this.…So select the group, and then double click.…
And then we can select the individual elements of the group.…So we'll start with the, sort of casement bit…and we'll add the divisions on this,…so double click again.…You need to get down, right down to this level,…so you can select the surface.…And with the align tool,…just draw a line there,…so we've split that up.…I'm going to…hit the spacebar.…Double click on this one,…so I get this face as well.…So align tool again,…and end point to end point.…
So, again, you need to see that splitting,…so you can select the individual faces.…
AuthorPaul J. Smith
This installment concentrates on organizing the details in your scenes with the Outliner and Layers panels. As the course shows, well-built and organized SketchUp components allow architects to have greater flexibility at every stage of the design process.
- Creating the brick and block components
- Building walls
- Laying courses of bricks and blocks
- Trenching and backfilling
- Creating the brick halves
- Adding mortar fill and insulation to the cavity
- Creating windows with casements, sills, and jambs
- Organizing the model
- Adding materials
- Exporting the SketchUp model
- Working in LayOut
Skill Level Intermediate
SketchUp Pro Tips and Techniques (2010)with George Maestri2h 24m Intermediate
SketchUp 2013 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri2h 16m Beginner
1. Building Up to the Floor Slab
2. Completing the Wall
3. Making the Window
4. Organize the Completed Model
6. Export and LayOut
Next steps2m 10s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.