- In this video, we'll continue sheathing the exterior.…The easiest way to do that…is simply to copy the existing piece of plywood over.…So select it, press "m", zoom in,…and grab it from this corner.…Press the option key, or alt key on Windows,…and snap it over here.…Orbit around so you can see the underside of the beam.…Double-click on the new piece of plywood to open it.…Press "l" and draw a line across…from the intersection point…to the opposite point on the edge.…
Then press "p" and pull the sheet back,…and snap it to the stud like that.…So, let's go ahead and pull this over.…Actually, let's measure it first.…What do we have here?…We have a four foot sheet,…so we can't make it any longer.…Instead, what we could do is pull it back.…I'll go into it and press "x" and then "p"…so I can pull back that edge…and snap it to the midpoint on this stud.…
"x" to go out of x-ray mode again.…Now we need to cover portions of this…beam and clerestory window area.…I think what I'll do here is build it from scratch…rather than copying an existing piece of plywood.…
In this course, author Scott Onstott shows step-by-step how to build a tiny house, including every virtual stud, sheet of plywood, and appliance going into the project. Along the way, he explores SketchUp features such as components, groups, layers, and textures. By building a house in SketchUp in this detailed manner, you can work out any unforeseen spatial conflicts in the design and virtually eliminate construction problems before you are in the field.
- Importing the house plan
- Framing the structure
- Laying studs and framing walls
- Adding plywood sheathing
- Paneling the roof
- Adding trim, windows, and siding
- Adding interior plywood
- Modeling windows and frames
- Designing the bed, cabinets, counters, and shower
- Adding furniture
- Modeling the trailer
- Animating the tiny house design
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Framing the Structure
3. Sheathing the Exterior
4. Applying Exterior Trim, Windows, and Siding
5. Working on the Interior
6. Designing the Slide Out
7. Integrating Built-in Features
8. Adding Furniture
9. Modeling the Trailer and Animating the Tiny House
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.