Join Paul J. Smith for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding the plasterboard, part of SketchUp for Architecture: Details.
- Time to apply the plasterboard.…Now the plasterboard is going to be…sort of glued into place with drywall adhesive,…and that's sort of blobbed onto the wall…at regular spacings, and then the plasterboard…is offered up to it and sort of neveled in place,…and then a skin would be applied…to the top.…That means that in effect,…you've got a cavity behind the plasterboard,…which is again, another insulator.…And so the cavity we've got…would be approximately 20 mil.…I haven't put the blobs in,…or the dabs as they're called sometimes,…dot and dab or plasterboard on dabs…it's often referred to.…
But it's about 20 mil,…could be 50 to 20 mil.…But the plasterboard itself,…or the drywall, is 1200 mil in this direction,…and this is just going to line up…with the top of this.…So we'll start off by just making…one of these sheets.…We'll draw it on the wall surface,…and then we'll make two unique panels,…and we'll adjust those,…and we'll perform this sort of cutaway effect as well.…So over to chapter 05_02,…and we'll finish off the drywall.…
AuthorPaul J. Smith
This installment concentrates on organizing the details in your scenes with the Outliner and Layers panels. As the course shows, well-built and organized SketchUp components allow architects to have greater flexibility at every stage of the design process.
- Creating the brick and block components
- Building walls
- Laying courses of bricks and blocks
- Trenching and backfilling
- Creating the brick halves
- Adding mortar fill and insulation to the cavity
- Creating windows with casements, sills, and jambs
- Organizing the model
- Adding materials
- Exporting the SketchUp model
- Working in LayOut
Skill Level Intermediate
SketchUp Pro Tips and Techniques (2010)with George Maestri2h 25m Intermediate
SketchUp 2013 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri2h 16m Beginner
1. Building Up to the Floor Slab
2. Completing the Wall
3. Making the Window
4. Organize the Completed Model
6. Export and LayOut
Next steps2m 10s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.