Join Paul J. Smith for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding the pelmet and base trim, part of SketchUp for Architecture.
- Chapter seven 08 now,…and we're going to add the pelmet trim.…This is a quite simple process.…We just create a path following this profile,…and then we'll use the shape that's defined here…as our little pelmet,…and we'll sweep it along using Follow Me tool.…Okay, so going to zoom in to this bit,…and I'll use the Rectangle tool…because I know it creates flat planes,…so it's just a little bit easier to create.…So that one's done, that one's done.…Erase this line, so E for erase.…
And then we come over to the Two Point Arc tool.…Now, this is hit and miss whether it works or not.…But if we click on the midpoint,…and then track down do the tangent,…sometimes it changes to magenta, which is the right color.…sometimes it stays at cyan.…But if you've got it to be magenta, double-click,…and that will form the arc,…and chop away the bit that you don't want.…If it doesn't, then you'll still get the arc formed,…but you have to erase those two lines.…And I say it is a bit hit and miss.…
So I'm going to double-click this.…I'm going to right-click, I'm going to Make Component,…
AuthorPaul J. Smith
- Adjusting SketchUp settings
- Creating components
- Installing SketchUp plugins
- Creating sweeps and revolves
- Importing CAD drawings
- Modeling a house
- Adding walls, doors, and windows
- Adding the roof
- Creating textures
- Applying materials to objects
- Modeling interior details
- Creating and saving styles
- Creating plans and sections
- Geolocating the model
Skill Level Intermediate
SketchUp Pro: Dynamic Componentswith Scott Onstott3h 13m Intermediate
SketchUp: Modeling Interiors from Photoswith Scott Onstott1h 46m Intermediate
2. Setting Up SketchUp
Moving around the model4m 31s
3. Working with SketchUp, Not Against It
4. Modeling the House
5. Working with Materials
6. Landscaping and External Features
7. Interior Furnishings
8. Styling the Model
10. Geolocating the Model
Next steps2m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.