Join Paul J. Smith for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding pattern fills, part of SketchUp for Architecture: LayOut (2015).
- So we're in CH10-02, "Adding pattern fills,"…and the reason I'm showing you this is…there might be a situation whereby…you fancy adding maybe some tonal patterns…or some line patterns to these elevations.…So just lift them up a little bit.…The options you do have, however,…would be possibly to duplicate the linked file…or go through an elaborate array of layers…within the linked file,…and then change the wall hatch…to a tonal pattern inside of SketchUp.…
So that's one option, and that might be a preferred option.…The only thing is you're linking another file…into the LayOut file, and possibly they might get mixed up.…There's all sorts of different reasons…why you might or might not want to do that.…There is another method,…and unfortunately we can't just use…the Paint Bucket and paint in a fill.…What we have to do is create…a boundary for that fill to sit in.…The other problem is that we can't actually…cut openings in our shapes either.…
If we could do that, then that would make life a lot easier.…But, I'm going to show you the process anyway…
AuthorPaul J. Smith
- Creating a template watermark
- Mixing and saving styles
- Adding and updating scenes
- Aligning and animating scenes
- Adding and animating sections
- Creating views
- Customizing layout preferences and document setup
- Working with references in LayOut
- Building a template
- Working with site plans
- Coordinating plans and elevations
- Adding text, dimensions, and title blocks
- Building a scrapbook
Skill Level Intermediate
SketchUp 2013 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri2h 16m Beginner
2. All About Styles
3. All About Scenes
4. All About Sections
5. Creating the Views for Layout
6. Into LayOut
7. Creating the Template
8. Site Plans
9. Floor Plans and Elevations
10. Coordinating Plans and Elevations
12. The Amazing Scrapbook
Next steps4m 35s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.