Join Paul J. Smith for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding the path edge and infill, part of SketchUp for Architecture.
- [Instructor] Chapter 6_07.…We'll add the path edge this time.…So I think it's probably going to be slightly quicker,…if we use the following tools.…So I'm going to choose the line tool here,…to create a path.…I'll use the inner one because it's,…just slightly shorter than the rest of them.…So in theory it should take us a little bit less time,…to create this bit.…So that line there, and that line there.…This is making up our path.…And we only need one path for this.…Because the objects are going to follow it.…Are going to be set on this position and this position.…
So rectangle tool.…And come down to this bit,…click and then hover over that next point and track down,…that will create a rectangle,…that's the right width and the correct depth.…And again click and then hover, track to that point,…and that's created that one.…So this path is already selected.…I'll use my follow me tool.…And then click on this.…And that's just sent that,…round the corner to this point here.…Okay so nice and easy.…
So again I'll select the path,…
AuthorPaul J. Smith
- Adjusting SketchUp settings
- Creating components
- Installing SketchUp plugins
- Creating sweeps and revolves
- Importing CAD drawings
- Modeling a house
- Adding walls, doors, and windows
- Adding the roof
- Creating textures
- Applying materials to objects
- Modeling interior details
- Creating and saving styles
- Creating plans and sections
- Geolocating the model
Skill Level Intermediate
SketchUp Pro: Dynamic Componentswith Scott Onstott3h 13m Intermediate
SketchUp: Modeling Interiors from Photoswith Scott Onstott1h 46m Intermediate
2. Setting Up SketchUp
Moving around the model4m 31s
3. Working with SketchUp, Not Against It
4. Modeling the House
5. Working with Materials
6. Landscaping and External Features
7. Interior Furnishings
8. Styling the Model
10. Geolocating the Model
Next steps2m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.