Join Paul J. Smith for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding materials to the window, part of SketchUp for Architecture: Details.
- So in chapter 6-10, we going to add materials…to the window and that's going to include this sill…and the cavity closer.…We'll do the easy bits first.…Let's start with the cavity closer, and select that color.…Paste that onto this.…Now if we double click, we can select the surface…and apply the insulation to it there and there.…So that's that bit done.…Then we'll deal with these bricks.…Now the bricks are slightly different.…We wouldn't nest the mortar in these…so if we double click to get into this,…we can either just individually click on these…with a brick color or we can double click…and then triple click,…and then apply that to that.…
Then hit Escape so we can just step back one,…and then select this one,…and again we've got the option of either clicking…and applying this individually…or I could have double clicked to edit that piece of mortar,…triple clicked, and then selected one.…But as I had a sort of unique one at the end,…it's probably just as quick to do it that way.…It doesn't take long either way.…
AuthorPaul J. Smith
This installment concentrates on organizing the details in your scenes with the Outliner and Layers panels. As the course shows, well-built and organized SketchUp components allow architects to have greater flexibility at every stage of the design process.
- Creating the brick and block components
- Building walls
- Laying courses of bricks and blocks
- Trenching and backfilling
- Creating the brick halves
- Adding mortar fill and insulation to the cavity
- Creating windows with casements, sills, and jambs
- Organizing the model
- Adding materials
- Exporting the SketchUp model
- Working in LayOut
Skill Level Intermediate
SketchUp Pro: Tools and Techniques (2010)with George Maestri2h 25m Intermediate
SketchUp 2013 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri2h 16m Beginner
SketchUp for Architecture: Fundamentalswith Paul J. Smith4h 49m Intermediate
1. Building Up to the Floor Slab
2. Completing the Wall
3. Making the Window
4. Organize the Completed Model
6. Export and LayOut
Next steps2m 10s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.