Join Paul J. Smith for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding materials to walls, part of SketchUp for Architecture.
- [Instructor] Chapter 05_08,…we're adding materials to walls.…Now, I have created all the SKM,…or the SketchUp Material files for you.…There is a slight difference in the way…that they load up into Windows versus Mac so Windows first.…If you access to the Exercise files,…then if you click on this thing, Details,…and then Open or Create a Collection.…And then, we browse for the Chapter 05…Working With Materials folder,…and inside that you'll see Chapter 05 Sketch Up Materials.…
Select that one, and then click on Select Folder.…And then, there they are all loaded up.…Okay so, some of them have got names,…some of them have got numbers,…and so we'll be fine with those.…There they are.…Now, if you are using a Mac, we'll just go…back to this file location.…You need to grab this file and Copy it…into the User Library, then Application Support,…and then got to SketchUp and the version…you're using 2018, 2017, or whatever.…
Then, go to SketchUp, then there'll be…a Materials folder, Copy into that.…And then you have to shutdown the software…
AuthorPaul J. Smith
- Adjusting SketchUp settings
- Creating components
- Installing SketchUp plugins
- Creating sweeps and revolves
- Importing CAD drawings
- Modeling a house
- Adding walls, doors, and windows
- Adding the roof
- Creating textures
- Applying materials to objects
- Modeling interior details
- Creating and saving styles
- Creating plans and sections
- Geolocating the model
Skill Level Intermediate
SketchUp Pro: Dynamic Componentswith Scott Onstott3h 13m Intermediate
SketchUp: Modeling Interiors from Photoswith Scott Onstott1h 46m Intermediate
2. Setting Up SketchUp
Moving around the model4m 31s
3. Working with SketchUp, Not Against It
4. Modeling the House
5. Working with Materials
6. Landscaping and External Features
7. Interior Furnishings
8. Styling the Model
10. Geolocating the Model
Next steps2m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.