Join Paul J. Smith for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding materials to groundwork, part of SketchUp for Architecture: Details.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- I'm in Chapter 606, and we are finally going to…start adding some materials to our model.…I have my materials loaded,…and they're the project materials.…If you haven't got access to these, most of the materials…are available from the default materials…that get installed with the software.…So somewhere under concrete.…And you've got ground cover that'll do…the ground works, so you can follow along…just using different materials than…the ones that we've loaded into the software.…We'll start off with this big lump of earth…and that is this thick, so it's called Hard Core,…and we click on that.…
We're applying the material to the outside wrapper,…which just covers it in it's entirety.…We can't right-click and edit material in this case.…If we wanted to make this slightly tighter…or slightly looser, then we'd have to go…to Edit and just change this value.…We take it down to six and that'll tighten it up.…If we made it 15, let's say,…that'll make it slightly looser.…It's entirely up to you…what you have it at, but I'll set it…
AuthorPaul J. Smith
This installment concentrates on organizing the details in your scenes with the Outliner and Layers panels. As the course shows, well-built and organized SketchUp components allow architects to have greater flexibility at every stage of the design process.
- Creating the brick and block components
- Building walls
- Laying courses of bricks and blocks
- Trenching and backfilling
- Creating the brick halves
- Adding mortar fill and insulation to the cavity
- Creating windows with casements, sills, and jambs
- Organizing the model
- Adding materials
- Exporting the SketchUp model
- Working in LayOut
Skill Level Intermediate
SketchUp Pro: Tools and Techniques (2010)with George Maestri2h 25m Intermediate
SketchUp 2013 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri2h 16m Beginner
SketchUp for Architecture: Fundamentalswith Paul J. Smith4h 49m Intermediate
1. Building Up to the Floor Slab
2. Completing the Wall
3. Making the Window
4. Organize the Completed Model
6. Export and LayOut
Next steps2m 10s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.