Join Paul J. Smith for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding materials to the floor slab, part of SketchUp for Architecture: Details.
- So we're now in 6-08…and we're going to go up to around this point.…Where we'll add all the materials up to…and including the floor slab.…So I'll just go back to scene three…and we'll start in scene four,…where we've got the block work.…Now that behaves in pretty much the same way…as the brick wood did,…so I'll just come around and zoom in on this.…We have a group that contains the horizontal mortar.…So in our materials we go to this one,…block mortar and apply that to that group.…
Then we need to select this group,…and double click and it gives us the block…and the vertical mortar combined.…So double click this again and this then selects the block.…So if you triple click to select…all the faces of the block first,…then we use the block material.…That's applied to that,…notice this coupling in the corner needs special treatment.…And then using the select tool,…we can then zoom in and select this part of it…which is the mortar, and again…apply the block mortar to that.…
So that is pretty much, you got that sorted out.…
AuthorPaul J. Smith
This installment concentrates on organizing the details in your scenes with the Outliner and Layers panels. As the course shows, well-built and organized SketchUp components allow architects to have greater flexibility at every stage of the design process.
- Creating the brick and block components
- Building walls
- Laying courses of bricks and blocks
- Trenching and backfilling
- Creating the brick halves
- Adding mortar fill and insulation to the cavity
- Creating windows with casements, sills, and jambs
- Organizing the model
- Adding materials
- Exporting the SketchUp model
- Working in LayOut
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Building Up to the Floor Slab
2. Completing the Wall
3. Making the Window
4. Organize the Completed Model
6. Export and LayOut
Next steps2m 10s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.