Join Paul J. Smith for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding the low-level doors and window, part of SketchUp for Architecture.
- [Instructor] Chapter 04_10 we're going to add…some low level doors and windows.…Now we aren't going to create…really fancy windows and doors here.…We're going to create the illusion of depth,…really, more than anything else,…so that when we take some long shots…in later exercises then we'll get the impression…that there are windows and doors there.…We've already got the doors mapped out…on the existing elevations.…So all we've got to do is create bit of depth with these…and position 'em into the walls.…So I've got a Doors_and_Windows layer created.…
So, plus sign and then rename it Doors_and_Windows.…Make sure it's the highlighted layer.…And then with the Rectangle tool come down…and we'll start off with these ones.…They're fairly simple.…So outside corner to outside corner…and then inside to inside.…And then triple click to select all the geometry…and then right click and Make Component.…We will call this Window_1…and then Create.…So that's that bit done.…
So it doesn't look like a window yet,…but it will in a minute.…
AuthorPaul J. Smith
- Adjusting SketchUp settings
- Creating components
- Installing SketchUp plugins
- Creating sweeps and revolves
- Importing CAD drawings
- Modeling a house
- Adding walls, doors, and windows
- Adding the roof
- Creating textures
- Applying materials to objects
- Modeling interior details
- Creating and saving styles
- Creating plans and sections
- Geolocating the model
Skill Level Intermediate
SketchUp Pro: Dynamic Componentswith Scott Onstott3h 13m Intermediate
SketchUp: Modeling Interiors from Photoswith Scott Onstott1h 46m Intermediate
2. Setting Up SketchUp
Moving around the model4m 31s
3. Working with SketchUp, Not Against It
4. Modeling the House
5. Working with Materials
6. Landscaping and External Features
7. Interior Furnishings
8. Styling the Model
10. Geolocating the Model
Next steps2m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.