Join Paul J. Smith for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding the grass, part of SketchUp for Architecture.
- Chapter 608.…We are going to add the flat bit of grass first,…and we'll just extend it about 10 meters this way,…and 10 meters this way.…I will line it up with this front edge…and just 10 meters off the back.…That's about 30 feet in all directions.…We'll use this thing here, the tape measure tool,…just to make life a little bit easier,…a bit more accuracy.…I'll click on this bottom edge and just move it…back to that edge, so move it away, move it back in,…you can double click on it.…But my preferred method is to just move it away…so I know I've got it on the right plane,…and then drop it back in.…
This direction, it's 10 meters, or 30 feet.…So I can type in 10m and enter and that'll…do the same thing as 10 thousand.…And this way, 10m.…And for the back corner, same again.…10m.…So I've created a nice big boundary for our grass.…I will leave the landscaping layer selected.…
I'm going to click the rectangle tool,…and go from one corner out to the other corner.…I won't color it in just yet, what I'm going to do now…is draw a line around this bit.…
AuthorPaul J. Smith
- Adjusting SketchUp settings
- Creating components
- Installing SketchUp plugins
- Creating sweeps and revolves
- Importing CAD drawings
- Modeling a house
- Adding walls, doors, and windows
- Adding the roof
- Creating textures
- Applying materials to objects
- Modeling interior details
- Creating and saving styles
- Creating plans and sections
- Geolocating the model
Skill Level Intermediate
SketchUp Pro: Dynamic Componentswith Scott Onstott3h 13m Intermediate
SketchUp: Modeling Interiors from Photoswith Scott Onstott1h 46m Intermediate
2. Setting Up SketchUp
Moving around the model4m 31s
3. Working with SketchUp, Not Against It
4. Modeling the House
5. Working with Materials
6. Landscaping and External Features
7. Interior Furnishings
8. Styling the Model
10. Geolocating the Model
Next steps2m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.