Join Paul J. Smith for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding the grass border, part of SketchUp for Architecture.
- [Instructor] Chapter 06_09,…we got the grass border to add.…That's going to add a little bit of interest to this area here…where we've got slight transition…between the flat grass and the landscape that we've created.…And it's just going to follow sort of around this path.…That's why we copied this line across.…We don't actually need that one.…So first of all, we're going to create our border shape…as a pattern to then use the drape tool…after we've created our sandbox.…And I'm going to triple click and then use this one,…the offset tool, that's F on the keyboard.…
And then just come across about 1500 mill,…five feet would be perfect.…So 1500, enter.…Then the align tool.…Hit escape and join that bit there.…Okay, so double click, right click, Make Group.…And that's that bit done.…This is going to be a template that we're going to use to…say drape onto our surface.…Now when we create the sandbox we have to set a grid value.…So this is creating the sandbox from scratch.…
If you can't see this toolbar, by the way,…
AuthorPaul J. Smith
- Adjusting SketchUp settings
- Creating components
- Installing SketchUp plugins
- Creating sweeps and revolves
- Importing CAD drawings
- Modeling a house
- Adding walls, doors, and windows
- Adding the roof
- Creating textures
- Applying materials to objects
- Modeling interior details
- Creating and saving styles
- Creating plans and sections
- Geolocating the model
Skill Level Intermediate
SketchUp Pro: Dynamic Componentswith Scott Onstott3h 13m Intermediate
SketchUp: Modeling Interiors from Photoswith Scott Onstott1h 46m Intermediate
2. Setting Up SketchUp
Moving around the model4m 31s
3. Working with SketchUp, Not Against It
4. Modeling the House
5. Working with Materials
6. Landscaping and External Features
7. Interior Furnishings
8. Styling the Model
10. Geolocating the Model
Next steps2m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.