Join Paul J. Smith for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding elevations, part of SketchUp for Architecture: LayOut.
- So now in Chapter 09-07, Adding elevations.…But before we go and add the elevations,…I just wanna point out something that seems to be…a recurring feature of my ground floor plan.…The overlay seems to be condensing itself…into one viewport.…That's both the ground floor and the first floor.…I think it's just a glitch.…I have tried every method of updating it,…removing it, relinking it,…and every time I open it up again,…I seem to get this issue.…The first floor plan is fine.…But anyway. As it's there,…and it might happen to you,…I'll show you how you can resolve it.…
So currently my Overlay layer is locked.…So I'll just unlock that.…And I'll lock out my Plans view.…I'll come over to my Overlay layer,…right-click and Update Model Reference.…And then it jumps back into place…without any trouble at all.…Now, if I save this and open it up again,…it would look the same.…So if it's happening to you,…then select the Overlay, right-click,…Update Reference, and it'll be fine.…
The next thing we want want to do…is to add some elevations.…
AuthorPaul J. Smith
- Creating a template watermark
- Mixing and saving styles
- Adding and updating scenes
- Aligning and animating scenes
- Adding and animating sections
- Creating views
- Customizing layout preferences and document setup
- Working with references in LayOut
- Building a template
- Working with site plans
- Coordinating plans and elevations
- Adding text, dimensions, and title blocks
- Building a scrapbook
Skill Level Intermediate
SketchUp 2013 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri2h 16m Beginner
SketchUp for Architecture: Fundamentalswith Paul J. Smith4h 49m Intermediate
2. All About Styles
3. All About Scenes
4. All About Sections
5. Creating the Views for Layout
6. Into LayOut
7. Creating the Template
8. Site Plans
9. Floor Plans and Elevations
10. Coordinating Plans and Elevations
12. The Amazing Scrapbook
Next steps4m 35s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.