Join Paul J. Smith for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding the double-glazed unit and seals, part of SketchUp for Architecture: Details.
- In chapter 4-05 we're going to be making the…double glazed unit…and that's made up of a series of seals…and this double glazed panel edge.…So we position those.…We'll start off by putting this in.…So we'll pick it up from our window components folder…and then we'll just position it sort of just there.…So I've set the insert point so it makes it easier…to position these things.…Just move that off from that.…We'll look at rubber seal type one.…
And this comes in at this point.…And rubber seal type two…comes in and sits just there.…Now these seals are manufactured separately…and they're available in all shapes and sizes…so you kinda get one that sort of fits.…Then make your moldings to suit some of these things.…The double glazed unit would sit away from the timber frame…to allow for any tolerance and any expansion.…On the bottom edge it usually sits on a piece of neoprene…as well.…
We're going to forgo a few of those things…for expediencies sake.…But we can work up close.…With this we don't have to see the whole thing.…
AuthorPaul J. Smith
This installment concentrates on organizing the details in your scenes with the Outliner and Layers panels. As the course shows, well-built and organized SketchUp components allow architects to have greater flexibility at every stage of the design process.
- Creating the brick and block components
- Building walls
- Laying courses of bricks and blocks
- Trenching and backfilling
- Creating the brick halves
- Adding mortar fill and insulation to the cavity
- Creating windows with casements, sills, and jambs
- Organizing the model
- Adding materials
- Exporting the SketchUp model
- Working in LayOut
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Building Up to the Floor Slab
2. Completing the Wall
3. Making the Window
4. Organize the Completed Model
6. Export and LayOut
Next steps2m 10s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.