Join Brian Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding a colored glass, part of SketchUp Rendering: Using V-Ray 2.
- Having seen how we can use the V-Ray material to create…both clear and frosted variance of a simple glass material,…we want, in this exercise, to move our scene forward…and take a look at how we would go about adding…a bit of extra complexity to that glass shader by adding…some coloration to it.…One thing that we certainly will want to do at this point…is reinvent the proverbial wheel by going and creating…a new glass material from scratch.…Indeed, why should we when we already have a perfectly…good jumping off point in the glazing material…that we created in the previous exercise.…
In the material list, then, let's right click on the V-Ray…glass entry and use the duplicate material command…to create a copy of it.…Let's straight away rename it by double-clicking…and calling it colored (mumbles) glass…and then finally we can go ahead and apply the material…to the butterfly geometry by double-clicking to…open up the group, using the control and A keys to…select everything, and then using the right-click…and apply material to selection steps that we have…
- Locating V-Ray tools and features
- Using the RT Engine
- Creating daylight with V-Ray Sun and Sky
- Using image-based lighting
- Working with irradiance mapping
- Handling perspective correction in the physical camera
- Setting up a depth of field effect
- Creating and applying V-Ray materials
- Using fixed-rate sampling
- Color mapping
- Working with V-Ray proxies
Skill Level Intermediate
SketchUp 2013 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri2h 16m Beginner
SketchUp Pro: Tools and Techniqueswith George Maestri3h 1m Intermediate
1. Introduction to V-Ray
2. Lighting the Place Up
3. Bouncing Our Light Around
Using brute force5m 6s
4. Working with the Physical Camera
5. It's a Material World
6. The Quality Control Department
What's next?1m 33s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.