Join Paul J. Smith for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding the cavity insulation, part of SketchUp for Architecture: Details.
- It's time now to add the insulation.…We'll be doing the ties and the clips in the next video,…but we'll just add these cavity batts there,…50 mil thick.…The height of them is 450 and the width of them is 1,200.…I've also noticed that our window opening is slightly…bigger in this example than the one we're building,…so we'll just add a few extra blocks to this edge,…so you can create sort of this bit here.…So we're now in chapter 03-05 Adding the insulation.…
I've turned on the block work walls again so we can attach…the insulation to these once we've created it.…Rectangle tool is what we need.…So click on the rectangle tool…and we'll drag down on the red direction 1,200…and then comma 50 for the thickness…and then push/pull,…450 high, four, five, zero, Enter.…Now if we select that and right-click…we can make a component…and this we can call "insulation,"…and then Create.…
Now what I'll also do is just select this block work…above ground and double-click to add it.…Then I can select this block and Shift select that one,…
AuthorPaul J. Smith
This installment concentrates on organizing the details in your scenes with the Outliner and Layers panels. As the course shows, well-built and organized SketchUp components allow architects to have greater flexibility at every stage of the design process.
- Creating the brick and block components
- Building walls
- Laying courses of bricks and blocks
- Trenching and backfilling
- Creating the brick halves
- Adding mortar fill and insulation to the cavity
- Creating windows with casements, sills, and jambs
- Organizing the model
- Adding materials
- Exporting the SketchUp model
- Working in LayOut
Skill Level Intermediate
SketchUp Pro Tips and Techniques (2010)with George Maestri2h 24m Intermediate
SketchUp 2013 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri2h 16m Beginner
1. Building Up to the Floor Slab
2. Completing the Wall
3. Making the Window
4. Organize the Completed Model
6. Export and LayOut
Next steps2m 10s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.