Join Paul J. Smith for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding the cavity closer, part of SketchUp for Architecture: Details.
- So, we're in Chapter 04-02,…and we now add to the cavity closer now.…Now, I've opened up the window components,…and so we have these browser buttons…at the bottom of the Component window.…And if I click on this,…it takes me to the in-model components.…These are all the ones we've created so far.…So, I'll just use this browser button to go back…to the window components, and then I can click on this…hundred mill cavity closer component and bring it in.…
I have created the insert points,…which is the origin point of the component,…and a suitable sort of insert point so we can use.…So, we'll just position that there,…and this basically wraps around the window opening.…It allows them to build the bricks to the cavity closers.…This goes in before the brick work.…Now, prior to cavity closers coming on the scene,…they used to return the brick work, or the block work,…to close the cavity,…but that left a very nice, cold bridge across here.…
You'd often get damp appearing in this sort of area,…and it would undermine the plaster,…
AuthorPaul J. Smith
This installment concentrates on organizing the details in your scenes with the Outliner and Layers panels. As the course shows, well-built and organized SketchUp components allow architects to have greater flexibility at every stage of the design process.
- Creating the brick and block components
- Building walls
- Laying courses of bricks and blocks
- Trenching and backfilling
- Creating the brick halves
- Adding mortar fill and insulation to the cavity
- Creating windows with casements, sills, and jambs
- Organizing the model
- Adding materials
- Exporting the SketchUp model
- Working in LayOut
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Building Up to the Floor Slab
2. Completing the Wall
3. Making the Window
4. Organize the Completed Model
6. Export and LayOut
Next steps2m 10s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.