Join Paul J. Smith for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding blocks, part of SketchUp for Architecture: LayOut.
- So we're into the last video of this chapter…and it's called Adding Blocks, Chapter 11-06.…I've created a series of furniture blocks.…Now, these are generated from AutoCAD.…The root was from AutoCAD to SketchUp,…SketchUp into LayOut.…And they are then saved as a LayOut file.…Then Edit and Preferences,…and under my scrapbook folder,…as we talked about earlier,…added their path so that it will find…these scrapbook pages.…
Now, when you create content for scrapbook,…you're not drawing everything at full size.…If I drew something at full size,…because I'm bringing it into the paper,…it's not going to scale.…So I need to know what sort of scale…that I'm going to use this furniture on.…And it will probably be about 1:50, 1:100.…So I've created 1:50 and 1:100 furniture.…I've also created slightly larger versions…of the same things.…So if I brought in a 1:48 white piece of furniture,…and brought in a corresponding 1:50 piece of furniture,…then it's going to be every so slightly smaller.…
The reason being that the scale of 1:48…
AuthorPaul J. Smith
- Creating a template watermark
- Mixing and saving styles
- Adding and updating scenes
- Aligning and animating scenes
- Adding and animating sections
- Creating views
- Customizing layout preferences and document setup
- Working with references in LayOut
- Building a template
- Working with site plans
- Coordinating plans and elevations
- Adding text, dimensions, and title blocks
- Building a scrapbook
Skill Level Intermediate
2. All About Styles
3. All About Scenes
4. All About Sections
5. Creating the Views for Layout
6. Into LayOut
7. Creating the Template
8. Site Plans
9. Floor Plans and Elevations
10. Coordinating Plans and Elevations
12. The Amazing Scrapbook
Next steps4m 35s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.