Join Paul J. Smith for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding the background and logo, part of SketchUp for Architecture: Details.
- So in Chapter 7-05 we're going to add…the sort of gray background and logo.…We'll also position our view as well.…So I'll select the view first,…and if we look back over to,…this is the 7-03, the preview,…and we've got a modified Scene 11.…So I thought it would look quite nice…with the exposed insulation and the clips.…Let's just go back.…If you want a different view, then that's absolutely fine,…just pick one that you want,…but I'm going to stretch this out a bit.…
And I'll get Scene 11 in first,…so I'll choose Scene 11.…that gives me this orientation.…Then I can just sort of re position this…and double click,…and just kind of straighten it up a little bit.…Pan across, so that's the finger on the wheel…and the finger on the shift,…exactly the same as it is in SketchUp.…I'll just leave it just like that.…Click outside of that, and that's going to reset that.…
And then I can adjust this window.…We kind of chopped it off a little at this edge,…but to make sure that it doesn't re scale it,…then I'll have to make sure that…
AuthorPaul J. Smith
This installment concentrates on organizing the details in your scenes with the Outliner and Layers panels. As the course shows, well-built and organized SketchUp components allow architects to have greater flexibility at every stage of the design process.
- Creating the brick and block components
- Building walls
- Laying courses of bricks and blocks
- Trenching and backfilling
- Creating the brick halves
- Adding mortar fill and insulation to the cavity
- Creating windows with casements, sills, and jambs
- Organizing the model
- Adding materials
- Exporting the SketchUp model
- Working in LayOut
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Building Up to the Floor Slab
2. Completing the Wall
3. Making the Window
4. Organize the Completed Model
6. Export and LayOut
Next steps2m 10s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.