Continuing to add materials, adjust the scale of textures on specific objects.
- [Instructor] Let's continue texture mapping the model.…The next thing I'd like to work on…is the roof, so let's go in here…and open up the dropdown…and choose Roofing.…Let's select this asphalt shingle material…and click on the various roof surfaces to assign it.…Don't forget this little shed roof over here…covering up the fireplace bump out…and over here.…
Let's take a look in Photo 1…and just compare the actual shingles here in the photo…and then I'll orbit a little bit…and you can see they look fairly close.…So, I'm satisfied with that.…Now, let's work on the dormer next.…I'll double click on that…to open it, select the front surface,…go into Photo 1,…click this button and then choose No.…That looks great.…
Now, let's think about the sides of the dormer.…They would have the siding on there.…So, I'll go over here and click on the home symbol…to go to Colors in Model,…click on our siding material…and then slick on that surface to assign it.…Let's do the same thing over here.…Now that's too large.…I'll click outside here and close the group.…
- Roughing in building volumes
- Using multiple photos for mapping
- Matching the perspective in the photos
- Roughing in a roof slope
- Modeling and extruding roofs
- Intersecting objects
- Constructing complex roofs
- Hiding edges
- Working with materials and textures
- Using fixed and movable pins
- Accessing the SketchUp material library
- Completing texture mapping
Skill Level Intermediate
SketchUp 2017 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri3h 48m Intermediate
SketchUp 2018 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri3h 58m Beginner
SketchUp: Rendering Using Twilightwith Scott Onstott2h 29m Intermediate
1. Roughing In Building Volumes
2. Roughing In Roof Slopes
3. Constructing Complex Roof Slopes
4. Using Multiple Photos to Model
5. Working with Textures and Materials
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.