Join Paul J. Smith for an in-depth discussion in this video Active, inactive, and selected, part of SketchUp for Architecture: LayOut.
- So we're now in Chapter 04-02,…and we're looking at section planes,…the active, inactive, and selected versions.…And we'll also be looking at the Section toolbar…and these two icons here.…This is Display Section Planes,…and this is Display Section Cuts.…Now, you'll only see a section cut…if you have an active section plane.…So even though I've got three section planes…all visible in this model,…none of them are cutting because they are not active.…There's two ways to make a section plane active.…
If I select the edge of it and right-click,…then I can click on Active cut.…If I double-click on a different plane,…then this will be the active cut.…Now, by double-clicking on the edge again…will make it inactive.…And you can also tell which is the active plane…because its edges are filled in.…Okay, this active plane, if I double-click on this,…we'll see that this is filled in.…It turns to an orange color when it's not selected.…
When it's selected it's the blue color.…And these colors are all determined by the model settings.…
AuthorPaul J. Smith
- Creating a template watermark
- Mixing and saving styles
- Adding and updating scenes
- Aligning and animating scenes
- Adding and animating sections
- Creating views
- Customizing layout preferences and document setup
- Working with references in LayOut
- Building a template
- Working with site plans
- Coordinating plans and elevations
- Adding text, dimensions, and title blocks
- Building a scrapbook
Skill Level Intermediate
SketchUp 2013 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri2h 16m Beginner
SketchUp for Architecture (2014)with Paul J. Smith4h 48m Intermediate
2. All About Styles
3. All About Scenes
4. All About Sections
5. Creating the Views for Layout
6. Into LayOut
7. Creating the Template
8. Site Plans
9. Floor Plans and Elevations
10. Coordinating Plans and Elevations
12. The Amazing Scrapbook
Next steps4m 35s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.