Join Paul J. Smith for an in-depth discussion in this video Acoustic ceiling animated, part of SketchUp for Architecture: LayOut.
- So we're in the final video in this chapter…and this is 04-07 Acoustic ceiling animated.…This is a 3D detail, it's got a lot…of animated section slices in it.…And I use this to explain more about…robust acoustic design principles…than how to animate a 3D model in SketchUP.…But it's a good example of how to use…the section slices to build something in 3D.…So what we end up with, this is our final layer,…which is just for me to control the various layers.…
If we go from this one to the Existing,…what's going to happen is all of these section slices…are going to swap from being active in this final one…to inactive at the start.…So I'll just do that.…And that now swaps the active section slice…from one side to the other.…So the first bit from Existing to Wall,…this is gonna reveal the Wall from…this active slice which is outside of the Wall,…to this one, which will then be…the active slice in Wall Scene.…
So that's the first bit.…And then if I just turn on the Wallplate,…you will be able to see what's going to happen next.…
AuthorPaul J. Smith
- Creating a template watermark
- Mixing and saving styles
- Adding and updating scenes
- Aligning and animating scenes
- Adding and animating sections
- Creating views
- Customizing layout preferences and document setup
- Working with references in LayOut
- Building a template
- Working with site plans
- Coordinating plans and elevations
- Adding text, dimensions, and title blocks
- Building a scrapbook
Skill Level Intermediate
SketchUp 2013 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri2h 16m Beginner
SketchUp for Architecture: Fundamentalswith Paul J. Smith4h 49m Intermediate
2. All About Styles
3. All About Scenes
4. All About Sections
5. Creating the Views for Layout
6. Into LayOut
7. Creating the Template
8. Site Plans
9. Floor Plans and Elevations
10. Coordinating Plans and Elevations
12. The Amazing Scrapbook
Next steps4m 35s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.