Use a standard material, apply it to various surfaces, and then alter the brightness and saturation of the texture.
- [Instructor] Our next task is to texture map…this surface here.…Let's look in photo one and zoom in there.…There's actually a step that we need to model,…and that step has a paving material up here…at the top,…and you can see some of that running all the way…along the edge here.…So what I'd like to do is first model that step,…I'll double-click on this group to open it,…and type R for rectangle and draw in a rectangle here.…I'll also press N to display the rest of the model,…that gives me a sense of context.…
I'll press P and push this down some distance,…and then I can just adjust the size of the step here…to suit the situation.…I think perhaps it should be a bit wider.…Something like that.…Now, I'd like to represent this horizontal edge…that runs along the entire perimeter,…so I'll press the space bar and double-click…on the top surface to select all of those edges…and the surface,…then I'll hold down the Shift key…and click on the surface to remove it from the selection.…
Now our selection set includes all of those boundary edges.…
- Roughing in building volumes
- Using multiple photos for mapping
- Matching the perspective in the photos
- Roughing in a roof slope
- Modeling and extruding roofs
- Intersecting objects
- Constructing complex roofs
- Hiding edges
- Working with materials and textures
- Using fixed and movable pins
- Accessing the SketchUp material library
- Completing texture mapping
Skill Level Intermediate
SketchUp 2017 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri3h 48m Intermediate
SketchUp 2018 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri3h 58m Beginner
SketchUp: Rendering Using Twilightwith Scott Onstott2h 29m Intermediate
1. Roughing In Building Volumes
2. Roughing In Roof Slopes
3. Constructing Complex Roof Slopes
4. Using Multiple Photos to Model
5. Working with Textures and Materials
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.