Join Paul J. Smith for an in-depth discussion in this video 3D views, part of SketchUp for Architecture: LayOut (2015).
- Now time to put in our 3D views.…So we're in chapter 8-04 and file's called 3D views.…We need to create a viewport and the easiest…way to do that is just to click and drag…with our finger on the control key…to make a copy of one of the original ones.…So we'll just take a copy of the site plan…and then under our SketchUp model,…let's close some of these down,…what I've done is close off the scrapbook for the moment.…And we'll just go down to SketchUp Model.…
And under the Scenes,…change that from site plan to 3D 1.…This is our 3D 1 view.…Just drag this out so you can see what we've got.…Now what we can do with this thing…is to double-click it inside…and then we can zoom out to see our view.…Then press our finger on the shift key.…We can zoom in to our view, now,…if we click away from it, I'm just gonna set that view.…
We get, under our scenes, modified 3D 1 view.…And what I also want to do is just…close this down, because we haven't got that…preserve scale on resize, we're just resizing this…and again finger on the shift key…
AuthorPaul J. Smith
- Creating a template watermark
- Mixing and saving styles
- Adding and updating scenes
- Aligning and animating scenes
- Adding and animating sections
- Creating views
- Customizing layout preferences and document setup
- Working with references in LayOut
- Building a template
- Working with site plans
- Coordinating plans and elevations
- Adding text, dimensions, and title blocks
- Building a scrapbook
Skill Level Intermediate
SketchUp 2013 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri2h 16m Beginner
2. All About Styles
3. All About Scenes
4. All About Sections
5. Creating the Views for Layout
6. Into LayOut
7. Creating the Template
8. Site Plans
9. Floor Plans and Elevations
10. Coordinating Plans and Elevations
12. The Amazing Scrapbook
Next steps4m 35s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.