Join Paul J. Smith for an in-depth discussion in this video 3D views, part of SketchUp for Architecture: LayOut (2015).
- So the last two videos are concentrating…on the 3D views, the first one will be…setting up one 3D view and the second one…will just be generating the other three from that.…So once you set up one of these views,…then it's just a case of orientating ourselves…around the building and deciding…where we want to take our snapshot, basically.…These would be classed as NPR or non-photo…realistic views, and there are some…great plug-ins you can add into Sketchup.…Arguably, I would say, V-Ray is the best,…though the learning curve is quite steep.…
And I suppose it does depend on…what your needs are at the end of the day.…But certainly to send some images like this…to a client as a initial starter…would be more than sufficient.…It's certainly a much better way of presenting than…just giving them a set of 2D plans and elevations.…So I've got a couple of views from the…back side, so we've got a couple of views…from the front sides, looking at different corners.…In the background we've got some images…that I've generated from street view, in this case,…
AuthorPaul J. Smith
- Creating a template watermark
- Mixing and saving styles
- Adding and updating scenes
- Aligning and animating scenes
- Adding and animating sections
- Creating views
- Customizing layout preferences and document setup
- Working with references in LayOut
- Building a template
- Working with site plans
- Coordinating plans and elevations
- Adding text, dimensions, and title blocks
- Building a scrapbook
Skill Level Intermediate
SketchUp 2013 Essential Trainingwith George Maestri2h 16m Beginner
2. All About Styles
3. All About Scenes
4. All About Sections
5. Creating the Views for Layout
6. Into LayOut
7. Creating the Template
8. Site Plans
9. Floor Plans and Elevations
10. Coordinating Plans and Elevations
12. The Amazing Scrapbook
Next steps4m 35s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.