Adding 3D text to a model can bring more interest to documentation or signage. This video demonstrates how to add and extrude 3D text.
- [Instructor] If you'd like to create text…that is part of the 3D geometry of your model…you can use the 3D text tool.…It's found under Tools, 3D Text.…And to use this tool I think I'd like…to add some numbers to the front of the house.…So in this Enter text area I'm going to write 1234.…All right I'm prompted with some more options.…I can change the font here.…I'm going to go ahead and leave it there.…You can bold or regular, whatever you want.…
We can change the alignment.…I'm happy with the left hand alignment.…But these are a little bit more important.…If I uncheck filled that means that there will be no face…on these numbers, it will only be geometry,…so we won't be able to extrude them.…So I'm going to check filled again…and this is the height which it is pulled forward.…So I'm happy with an inch.…That is something we can change once it's set…in the 3D model.…So I'm going to hit Place, and it's automatically attached…to my move tool.…
You can see that it's wanting to align…with some of these faces.…So I'm going to zoom in a bit and I'm going to click and release…
- Navigating the interface for Mac and Windows
- Customizing toolbars
- Selecting and moving objects
- Drawing lines and shapes
- Modeling from a floor plan image
- Resizing and rotating objects
- Using organizational tools
- Working with components
- Creating and applying materials
- Animating and exporting your drawings
Skill Level Beginner
SketchUp Pro: Dynamic Componentswith Scott Onstott3h 13m Intermediate
What you should know1m 16s
1. The SketchUp Interface
2. Manipulate Objects
3. Drawing in SketchUp
4. Modeling from a Floor Plan Image
7. Document and Stylize
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.